Video issues with MKV files with VC-1 Video encoding

I’ve been converting a number of my bluray’s using makemkv for the WD Live and have noticed that a fair number have very choppy video for playback.   After reading the forums I’ve determined the common denominator for all the choppy videos is that they are all VC-1 encoded videos.  I’m currently playing the files from an smb network share via gigabit ethernet and all other video formats appear to be fine.   Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Video
ID                               : 1
Format                           : VC-1
Format profile                   : AP@L3
Codec ID                         : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint                    : Microsoft
Duration                         : 1h 48mn
Bit rate                         : 23.6 Mbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive
Compression mode                 : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.474
Stream size                      : 17.9 GiB (92%)
Language                         : English

Audio
ID                               : 2
Format                           : DTS
Format/Info                      : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID                         : A_DTS
Duration                         : 1h 48mn
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 24 bits
Compression mode                 : Lossy
Stream size                      : 1.15 GiB (6%)
Title                            : 3/2+1
Language                         : English

I figured out the issue.  The video resolution on my device was set to HDMI Auto and was detecting it at 720p.  This was causing the device to try and reduce the resolution on the video and made playback choppy.  I forced the resolution to 1080p and all videos are playing smoothly now.