Video file info

Am I crazy or did the Info screen previously display video codec and other info? I remember HD icons and Dolby icons and all matter of guff… but not any more.

Have I gone bonkers or have WD removed this feature?

Pressing “Option” during video playback displays codec info and a HD icon.

Browsing “Preview View” will also display this info.

“Option” then “View Info” whilst browsing thumbnails and list views does not (well, not on 3.05.10 anyways)

There have never been “Dolby” flags (or any other Audio flags) displayed.

I think you’re hallucinating :wink:

Side Note: Media Flags and Icons are possible with Theme editing & design.

Aha!

I knew I’d seen the details somewhere. Strange that you can only view them while playing. It would be handy to be able to review the actual filename when the hub decides that you have The Japanese Housewife 2 and you need to find out what the movie really is… that gets hard to explain when guests are over.

Thanks. I feel slightly less mental :wink:

@Izazael

Quote:

_ I knew I’d seen the details somewhere. Strange that you can only view them while playing. _

_   _

Not that strange … basically, different development “Teams” at various stages have each worked on different views.

Which accounts for the inconsistancy of display information available in different views.

This link provides information which is the basis for my above comment.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Ideas/To-support-a-common-set-of-environment-variables-in-different/idi-p/147296

Thanks for the input. This is very valuable feedback. This happened as different engineers wrote the code in different section. We will keep this in mind and avoid this from happening in the future.