Video and Audio Sync on MKV

Hey guys, on my MKV files with the latest firmware the audio and video are off when the file is a MKV 1080P with DTS audio. I am simply hooking up the HDMI to my TV with the stereo option enabled.

BIG PROBLEM for me since all my files are MKV, please help!! Should I revert back to older firmware?

I downgraded to 1.0.3.49_V and Im still getting Sync issues! Im pulling my hair out right now!!!

tianh wrote:

I downgraded to 1.0.3.49_V and Im still getting Sync issues! Im pulling my hair out right now!!!

What do you use to create MKV files?  Do you encode with HandBrake into an MKV?  I used to run into this issue and got it resolved by setting B-frames into 0.  For some reason this B-frame setting creates problems with WD units in MKV and MP4 files encoded with H.264

Hey Lunar… I sent you a PM. How do I convert my own blu-ray files to mkv? Regardless these mkv are my brothers not mines, could that be why? Maybe you can upload a sample of a mkv with DTS audio that works good on yours and I can try it out?

Let me know.

tianh wrote:

Hey Lunar… I sent you a PM. How do I convert my own blu-ray files to mkv? Regardless these mkv are my brothers not mines, could that be why? Maybe you can upload a sample of a mkv with DTS audio that works good on yours and I can try it out?

Let me know.

• *> * * *
      tianh wrote:

Let me know.

I sent you a reply.  It is a link to a discussion on handbrake forum.  You have to play with it and experiment and get the hang out of it.  I can send you a sample of a movie I encoded.  OR, take a movie with MKV extension (or any movie for this matter regardless of extension) and RE-ENCODE using HandBrake.  Use high profile and select MKV.  Under Advanced tab, set B-Frames to 0.    Under Video tab make sure you slide the Quality slider NO LOWER  than RF 20.  It will be a good excercise in how to do these things.