Very slow

Hi

my connection to the wdmycloud is very slow, accessing the web app through firefox , it takes time, moving big file from pc to mycloud , it transfer 5 MB to 11 MB /s   , everything is slow , accessing it from tablet , it just take me 1 minutes to browse the file I want.

My pc connect at 1G to the wireless hub.

is there setting to increase the speed?

I dont know if WD Engineeer test this box at thie house  or not ??

Why are you using the Web App if you’re at home?

sorry I meant the browser firefox , I point it to mycloud drive , but it is very slow to update shares and users .

Sorry, I’m still not following.

How are you transferring files using Firefox on a mobile device?

My question is are you refering to a mobile device or a PC?  Since you mention both in your OP.

If you are at home on your local network accessing the NAS from your PC, then map the drive.  On an Android tablet, at home, use something like ES File Explorerapp.

ok guys , I think I was not clear .

I have the wdmycloud is connected to my home network ( bell router +wireless)

1-    accessing this wd drive with my desktop using firefox ( just to configure it) it takes time and sometimes doesnot  show  how many share or users , untill 1 to 2 minutes.

2- I maped all my shared folder (private one) to my desktop pc , and when I try to open the folder it taked 10 second sometime to open.

3- When I transfer file from my desktop pc to wdmycloud drive , the speed max is 10MB ( i feel it is slow)

4- I have samsung s4 , I downloaded the app wd mycloud, and I loged in to the drive , but it is very slow , it takes me to start watching movie ( streaming) 1 to 2 minutes.

In general I feel there is something wrong with the speed, I read on this forum that we could reach 50MB transfer,

my network adaptor at my pc is connected at 1G , but since both the PC and the tablet and the phone are having same problem , then I feel there is something wrong with wdmycloud drive.

is there any setting to change speed ? how much the speed should be?

thanks

So what your saying is your using Firefox to access the My Clouds UI.

As for speed you should be seeing about 40 - 60MB write and 50 - 90MB read if you are connected via ethernet.  If you are connected via wireless, then speeds are going to be much slower and 10MB is about where your will see speeds on a N router.

Also, if you have Media Streaming turned on, it will slow down the NAS until it has completely scan all the files.

I am connected through ethernet , and Max speed is 10MB , my pc is I7 8G ram 1T drive , it is very fast on the net.

today i will use shorter cable ( i have to buy one)

media streaming is turned on , i will turn it off and check again.

thanks

I would double check the port LEDs to make sure you’re actually 100 megabit all around.  10MB sounds like something is actually running at 100 megabits.

The UI can be slow to populate if the CPU is busy with higher-priority tasks, but I’ve never seen it take minutes to populate…  Normally it’s very fast (within a few seconds), but sometimes as much as 10-15 seconds.

Hi

the two led are green , one of them is blinking ( i hope WD is not transfering my data to their cloud secretly )

See if this gets you anywhere:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshoot-NAS-Performance-concerns/m-p/618695#M1256

Success!  I had the ridiculously slow data transfer issue too.  3 days to transfer 117gigs.  My Netgear Genie Monitor showed the data surging or pulsing for 1-2 seconds, then pausing for 3-4 seconds, over and over and over and over. Finally found a setting that solved the problem.  Under “Settings” “General” “Energy Savings” turn OFF “Drive Sleep”.   Seems to have opened the flood gates!