So, this week I decided to upgrade my entire media player setup. Replaced my PC with a Beelink Android box, and put my drives into an EX2 Ultra.
Took a while to get stuff sorted with the EX2, but while I was, I had the Beelink on Wifi about 18 inches away from the TPLink TL-WR1043ND 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router and I was streaming from my shared folder on my desktop PC that’s plugged directly into the router. 0 issues, perfect playback.
Finally got the EX2 running JBOD and transferred over 3tb of movies to Disk1, Disk2 will be for TV Series whick I’ll transfer tonight.
On the Beelink which boots direct to CoreElec/Kodi, I tried adding Disk1 and then started the issues.
Like my PC’s share folder I manually added Disk1 with the IP address and username and password. Hung for about 90sec and added. Clicked Ok to finish, another 90sec. Went to the main screen to add the folder as an icon, another 90sec. Clicked to open, yup 90sec, finally opened and shows all files, and playback is slow, buffers constantly, total garbage.
So, back to the PC share folder for now while I research the issue, and now, what worked fine yesterday is playing like garbage.
Wiped the share out and rebooted and still garbage.
Seems that as soon as this EX2 was added, playback speed dropped. No files are downloading, no files transferring either.
Other issue was that my external 3tb plugged into the EX2 directly was transferring only at 28mbps max, so I plugged into the PC and transfered which brought it up to 38mbps. Weird but I guess normal from what I read.
Anyways… Bought too be used for media streaming only and although the Beelink will get Ethernet connected when done, the Wifi should be fast enough. It was yesterday before this was connected.
Beelink specs are pretty high, router specs as well, and router less than 2 feet away, so full wifi signal…