VERY slow network speed!

Hmmm…

After such a post WD is answering . Fine. But  please why it has to be so complicated. A small answer “Yes we know the problem” would be more helpfull than no reaction!

I work in a hard IT job and do also hotline. Any reaction is better than none.

Now to your post.

Phone support is a good idea. I will try to do this, but on normal time i am on my work and not direct at my WD device.

Let’s see…

Now i know, WD reads user postings and only react when we post VERY angry…

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

SOS

SOS

SOS

…what a shame…

Yesterday I flashed the New Firmware on my Sharespace… boaah the Networkspeed is so slow 30% slower as before I flash the New Firmware…

Bevore Flashing 10,5 MB/sec (Raid 5 and no Jumbo Frames) an now 7,04 MB/sec (Raid 5 and no Jumbo Frames)

and i can’t delete Files under NFS connection…

Sorry,

but

welcome to this bloddy club!!

wave: Any news from WD support line? I’m really despered here… Tried to call too but there is no support line for my country. Called UK line but  i get always a busy tone. I think its an issue with my phone provider.

Wave64 wrote:

Hmmm…

After such a post WD is answering . Fine. But  please why it has to be so complicated. A small answer “Yes we know the problem” would be more helpfull than no reaction!

I work in a hard IT job and do also hotline. Any reaction is better than none.

Now i know, WD reads user postings and only react when we post VERY angry…

I read every posting.  But I need something like this to gain a few more responses, before I escalate it.  That’s just to make sure that it may really be something consistent going on with the device.  So, it’s my fault that it takes a little time before it’s looked into.   However, we are now looking into it.  I’m sorry it takes a while.

Thank you for this post.

So you mean a lot of people should be angry an post like this? OK, no problem, you see.

But if you tried to search for such issues with this WD device in google or nearly every other search engine, you will realize that this problem seems to be a very know problem for too long time.

Believe me, i am also doing a hard it job at world greates solar module manufacturer. We have to find a solution much more faster…

bill_s wrote:

I read every posting.  But I need something like this to gain a few more responses, before I escalate it.  That’s just to make sure that it may really be something consistent going on with the device.  So, it’s my fault that it takes a little time before it’s looked into.   However, we are now looking into it.  I’m sorry it takes a while.

In that case i’d like to throw in my response. Very slow network speed, nothing like what it was purpoted to be on the box. Got worse following the 2.2.9 update. Dont even ask me if it’s my home network. It isnt. I’ve run a network cable directly between sharespace and PC with gigabit networking. No difference.

Status update:

Nothing. Only this words from these WD guys in this thread. No information, no other response.

Think we have to post more angry  :angry:

Maybe someone helps?  :wink:

Hi Everyone!

I also updated to 2.2.9, and i wanna share my results:

Previous file transfer speed (which was really bad):

Writing to WD Sharespace: 8 - 9 mbyteps

Reading  from WD Sharespace: 10 - 10.5 mbyteps

After the 2.2.9 update (My surprise it made it worse!):

Writing to WD Sharespace: 5.5 - 7 mbyteps

Reading  from WD Sharespace: 7 - 8 mbyteps

These result was mesured after closing twonky server and all other servcies which may effect the preformance, with a direct cat6 cable between my computer to the WD sharespace…

WD support please troubleshoot this problem! or give us a way to go back to an older FW!

Thanks,

Fad

Since i cant find a way to recover twonky password i killed the service. I also turned of Mionet, Nfs, Afp, Ftp, Itunes to free up the cpu and i still get no more than 5mb/s. I feel like downloading from the internet with a high speed broadband line.

Thank you very much for your reports…

WD, what should we do now [deleted]

when i use totalcommander or explorer i transfer rate are 7-8 Mb/s (10-11 mb/s before)

with ftp

up 11,8-12 Mb/s (File transfer successful, transferred 733 739 008 bytes in 63 seconds)

down 29-30 mb/s  (File transfer successful, transferred 733 739 008 bytes in 26 seconds)

i newer tested ftp transfer with old firmware

We appreciate the feedback we are getting on this issue. We are currently investigating these reported issues and in the process of replicating them. As we get more data, we can isolate these instances and come with an acceptable solution. We sincerely appreciate your input and feedback and be assured that we are doing everything possible to remedy this situation. We will provide an up-date to our customers as soon as possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

Also some news from me. I disabled every feature (Mionet, iTunes, FTP…)

The transfer rate rised for average 6MB/s to 8MB/s!!! WOW… someting better but worlds apart from what must be possible with a GBit connection.

WD! ** please!  **do something as soon as possible!

Any one have a solution? WD support team send me Email that informing me that its send to next level support.

Any one know how to fix this problem ?

Hi,

we are all waiting for WD support offering us a solution. I also send a mail to German WD office. The told me that they have forwarded the request  via a “short way” to the support and i also got a mail that 2. level support is ongoing with this issue…

I don’t believe that they are really hard working on a solution!

Wave64 wrote:

we are all waiting for WD support offering us a solution. I also send a mail to German WD office. The told me that they have forwarded the request  via a “short way” to the support and i also got a mail that 2. level support is ongoing with this issue…

I don’t believe that they are really hard working on a solution!

Wave64, I don’t know what your idea of “really hard working” is, but as was said earlier, we are currently investigating this issue.  So, you need to know that we are focused on this; and we do apologize for any irritation this is causing you.

2 Likes

Hi!

First of all i have to apologize for my bad english.

Now to the topic. Im one of all the unhappy pll owning a WD Sharespace 8TB, You saying that you know that the support working hard on this issue, i will say the do NOT. The slow speed has been a known problen for almost 2 years now, from the first Sharesoace that been sold to the last one. What have you so called support done to solve the problem? nothing! nada! I bought my sharepace after reading the “High-speed access, Ethernet connectivity - Provides data transfer rates up to 1000 Mbit/s when used in a GigE network.” on your site. My biggest mistake was to bellive the ■■■■ you have on your site.

As many other here ive tryed to get some help fron your support, the only thing they had to say was “shut down the mionet” Shut down the ftp" etc. I dident bougt my sharespace to shut down anything at all. I Bought it for the big storage and the “fantastic” transferspeed you advertising on your site. I have tryed to get my 1100 euros back with no luck. So i’m i unhappy? HELL YES, i’m i angry? twice HELL YES, i’m i disappointed? triplle HELL YES!  WD cheated me to buy this ■■■■, it’s like you order and pay for a ferrari and when the ferrari arrives you find out that the promissed 500 horses engine is in fact a 20 donkey engine.

If you want respect back from us you need to take us seriusly, Dont tell us that the support “working hard” when your support had done NOTHING for almost two years now to solve the slow tranfer issue.

If WD havent locket the sharespace mobo to their own software i have solved the issue long time ago myself by putting in Linux Debian. But now i cant since the mobo is locked to WD software. This is a clear software problen, there is nothing wrong with the hardware what so ever.

So give me my money back or solve this issue quick as hell!

The angry swede

Nicolas

2 Likes