Very slow data transfer from LAN switch to MyCloud NAS

Holy COW… I have the exaclt same issue. I do have aTP link swith at my home. Two WD mycloud drives, both on Fw4.x

Only one seems to have the exact same network speed issues described in this thread…The issue is dito to the last detail…

However if i recall the drive that works fine is on the TP link whereas the one with the speed issues is on the router itself.

Router is Linksys WRT1900AC(its a beast).

Ill do some more testing. Im gonna go all out. I had another router, Ill create a self contained network with my PC and the two myclud drives and see what happens…

An udpate.

So i removed the slow drive from the Dynex switch as it turns out and not tplink,unless internally they are the same :slight_smile: . plugged mycloud directly into the router with another network cable.

While network speed has improved it still seems to fluctuate alot. Where as the second WD mycloud drive which is still on the dynex switch still performs better. Both drives on same FW. However the better performing drive is over one and a half year old. The bad performing is two weeks ol

Internally these drives are using different controller boards, yes i have taken a look inside, even the HDD is slightly different Both are WD RED drives but the older one actually has a red colored sticker and the new mycloud has a black sticker…

Maybe the controller or the HDD itself are aare to blame.

In the screenshot below. A transfer of a 9GB file from a SSD drive to the two mycloud drives one at a time.

Left: The new mycloud drive

Rigth: One and half year old my cloud drive.