Very Slow dashboard

Ah… I am using windows 10… That is why… The only apple stuff I have is ixxx… Thanks

I was able to solve this by enabling SSH and making space to /var/log which was full - everything came back to normal then.

also good post which may apply to some peeps: content scan issue

Is there a solution to this?

I have a WD MyCloud Mirror EX2. Ever since I bought it, I have had problems with slow/non-responsive dashboard as well as slow/non-response access to the drive itself (from mycloud app, web browser, etc). I recently went through an RMA, got a new drive in the mail, swapped my hard disks, re-setup the users, and now I am back to having the same exact problems.

Needless to say, I am not happy with WD. This is the last product of theirs I will ever buy. And, in the meantime, it would be nice if they could fix this issue with new firmware update or something. Honestly, slow/non-responsive behavior makes this thin worthless. Come on WD!

The same for me. I have update 2.11.169 from January 2018 and the situation is still the same.
I agree with many of the posts in this threat: I’d never buy this device again. It’s not powerful enough for the desired tasks and WD doesn’t seen to care about it!

The dashboard takes minutes to get loaded while the load on the system is small! What’s it waiting for?

1 Like

I have a EX2, firmware 2.11.169 (Jan. 2018). It shows the very same symptoms. After looking around in the forum I switched off wdmcserver (using ssh access) which seems to scan constantly the folders and generates .wdmc folders with thumbnails (not exactly sure on this). During dashboard startup, disk load went up to 100% (saw this using atop). I think it’s gathering statistics for the dashboard (like cound/size of media)

Anyways, after turning out wdmcserver the dashboard comes up immediately and file transfer speeded up from 2MB/s to 7MB/s (writing and reading).

However there is one drawback (which isn’t important to me): In the dashboard you won’t see the aforementioned statistics any more. It Doesn’t show numbers for Video/Photo/Music any more.

Sahlix, I’m going to try your solution. It’s absolutely frustrating WD hasn’t really addressed any of this in nearly 3 years. I have to work on this cloud for work and when I do buy a cloud for myself, it’s not gonna be WD. I’m having to learn way more about this stuff just to get it to function as desired

In the meantime I changed OS to debian and I‘m running OpenMediaVault Noe. I had to read me through tons of material but it‘s definitely worth the hassle!

The solution is synology. I have both and synology zips around. I get 20 things done in the time it takes just to load one wd page. WD Interface is AWFUL! SHAMEFUL! ■■■■■! THERE IS NO FIX!

Ill had the same problem for quite a while.

Today I’ll cleared /var/log and everything runs now on normal speed. UI is working again and file speed is back to normal. Kalle Korkki thank you foor the solution.

I removed all apps and servers, now dashboard is usable and NAS is a big dumb drive, but not glacial…

[I have been dealing with this slow dashboard thing on my EX2100 with 4TB (and its less than 1.2 full) forever and its a PITA. Even just to get the admin login screen to appear in my browser thakes forever. For $300-500 I am going to ge another brand and move my data over, probably Synology.

Amboworld: Can you indicate what you used to remove all apps and servers? I am comfortable with SSH and I can use the dashboard, but what specifically did you use (ie what commands) to both identify, and then remove/delete the apps, and also the servers? How did you know what the complete set of files were for a given service?

I would like to keep just cloud access and have it be RAID mirrored. Other than that, I can have it be just a “big dumb drive”. My Wd NAS device is a MyCloud EX2100 (running firmware version 2.31.183 ). It takes abot 3 minutes to get the logon prompt, then once I press enter, it takes sometimes over 4-5 minutes to be able to see the dashboard. I am using Chrome browser, and this is all on a LAN with just my laptop, my ASUS wifi router and the NAS, no other devices.

So mine is so slow that i cant even get in with ssh. its ridiculous. The only solution i can think of is to power down (catastrophic of course) then remove all the HD then modify the config. then ssh in to clean up var/log, then power down and install the 4 drives again then power up again. that is going to be a major pain. Has anyone done this? would it work?

Ive got the same problem.

This is utterly useless

I don’t believe it …I just uninstalled the other ■■■■■■ WD apps & BANG everything returned to normal
try this guys…it worked

the same for here, running the last firmware

Hope this is relevant … I have a MyCloudEX2 that has always suffered from VERY slow dashboard load times. Yesterday while doing some troubleshooting with remote access, I stumbled across something that I don’t understand but it FIXED the problem in my case.

I had always noticed that when logging in (locally), I had to hit the “Login” button twice. Never thought anything about it until yesterday. After doing that, the dashboard GUI would load but it would take MINUTES to populate the “Capacity” and none of the index icons worked until this was populated. In my troubleshooting, I turned OFF cloud access as well as dashboard remote access and rebooted the NAS. When it came back up, the dashboard loaded almost immediately after pressing “Login” only once (is this a clue?) complete with “Capacity” and everything worked. I tested this several times and found that if I rebooted the NAS with cloud access ON, the slow dashboard was back. If I rebooted with it OFF and then turned Cloud access back ON, everything worked fine and has continued to work. I DID leave remote dashboard access OFF because I didn’t need that anyway.

Hope this helps some of you with the issue.

Steve

Slow access through network and slow dashboard issue solved by just configuring static IP address instead of DHCP IP address in the network settings of WD Cloud Drive

While setting a static IP through the My Cloud Dashboard, or reserving one through one’s local network router DHCP settings is an often unofficial recommended suggestion by many users here. Generally a static/reserved IP won’t address the physical hardware limitations of the device and the way the OS3 (v4.x and v2.x) firmware indexes/scans the files stored on the unit that leads to various issues that result in the My Cloud Dashboard being very sluggish and or partially loading. Generally many have to disable (through the Dashboard); Remote Access/Cloud Access and sometimes, the Twonky/DLNA Media Server, and the iTunes server to fix the issue on their unit.

In certain rare cases, the browser extensions one has installed to thir web browser can impact loading of the My Cloud Dashboard. As a troubleshooting step one may have to disable their browser plug-ins and extensions to see if that is the cause of a sluggish My Cloud Dashboard.

I have same issue I have first generation my cloud with firmware v04.05.00-342
I am had issues since I bought it and now it seems to be worse and WD are not supporting it and way past warranty