Very slow connection with the WD Live Book

I have sent WD this message, but I was hoping that someone of this forum has an answer for my problem.

I have an WD Live Book installed in my network. I have an 60MB download and 10MB upload speed from my provider. I have installed some shares on the WD Live Book and I have them all secured with a password. When I want to access the folder that I have shared by using www.wd2go.com → login → make connection with the folder with the PC that I use (inside my network, using my phone (ios/android) or from an other PC outside my network) the folder can be access and the network path to the drive can me made, but when I want to access the network drive, the drive is very slow. It take up to 10 minutes before he load the full folder with only 30 images and 5 videos. When I want to play an video from the network share (drive) it takes 5 minutes before he will start of sometimes he will not start and the PC will not respond to the drive. When he play the video it is stuttering. It is almost impossible to access the WD Live Book from an other device of network. The WD Live Book is also very slow with copying files from my laptop to the WD Live Book by using an Ethernet cable. The WD Live Book has the latest firmware (that is what he said in the configuration tool). Is there something that I can do to fix this?

Reply in Dutch or English please.

It take up to 10 minutes before he load the full folder with only 30 images and 5 videos.

For image and video folders, don’t let windows build thumbnails / icons.  It will be EXTREMELY slow.

When I want to play an video from the network share (drive) it takes 5 minutes before he will start of sometimes he will not start and the PC will not respond to the drive

Depending on the video type, Windows must download the entire file before playback will begin.

When he play the video it is stuttering.

10 megabit per second internet isn’t suitable for much video.    You’ll need to ensure that your videos have bitrates less than about 3 to 5 megabits per second.

The WD Live Book is also very slow with copying files from my laptop to the WD Live Book by using an Ethernet cable.

When you’re doing that, don’t use WD 2go.   Use a normal (not WebDAV) network connection.