Version of the server is not supported

Hello,

Ever since I upgraded my computer to Snow lion I’ve had nothing but trouble. I can’t log in to my Nas anymore. I can only go on it as guest, but not as a register user. It says that the current version of the server I want to connect to is not supported. I want to update my my book, but it’s impossible. I can’t update my current firmware or anything else. I really don’t know what to do… I just want to be able to log in on my drive again. 

What type of drive do you have?

I’m the writer of the post. I had to make a new account, probably because I Mispelt my E-mail while creating an account. 

I have the My book world edition ( white light ) 2TB. 

I could always log in to my NAS, I even made my own private map, but as soon as I installed OS 10.7, I couldn’t log in anymore. It said ‘version of the server is not supported’. After installing 10.8 I still couldn’t log in. I tried to download WD discovery, but it’s only for windows. 

I can go on the public document of my HD, but I can’t log in to my private map anymore. 

I want to update my server, because I’ve never done that. I think that’s the problem, because it doesn’t support OS 10.8 yet, but I do need to be able to update… 

MialloMarco1 wrote:

I’m the writer of the post. I had to make a new account, probably because I Mispelt my E-mail while creating an account. 

I have the My book world edition ( white light ) 2TB. 

I could always log in to my NAS, I even made my own private map, but as soon as I installed OS 10.7, I couldn’t log in anymore. It said ‘version of the server is not supported’. After installing 10.8 I still couldn’t log in. I tried to download WD discovery, but it’s only for windows. 

I can go on the public document of my HD, but I can’t log in to my private map anymore. 

I want to update my server, because I’ve never done that. I think that’s the problem, because it doesn’t support OS 10.8 yet, but I do need to be able to update… 

The Mybook World is extremely old, and f you check the NAS boards in here that drive was rendered near-incompatible with 10.7 due to the changes Apple made to NetaTalk/SMBX. There’s a firmware update for that, but if you can’t apply it from the Mac side, try to update it on Windows.

1 Like

Thanks! Too bad I don’t have windows on my laptop. Have to see if I can install windows if I have some software lying around but thank you!!

I have another question! I just bought a new sony brabia w6 television. The tv finds my HD but It doesn’t find the films I have stored on my HD… Is this because my HD hasn’t been updated or?

MialloMarco1 wrote:
I have another question! I just bought a new sony brabia w6 television. The tv finds my HD but It doesn’t find the films I have stored on my HD… Is this because my HD hasn’t been updated or?

Not likely, the drive wouldn’t be detected at all if so. Maybe the TV is not compatible with the drive’s content rather than the drive itself, or it needs a special configuration.

Oh oke, when I go on to the Nas on the tv, I see 3 maps, photos, videos and music. I’m guessing it only finds the shared maps? Is that possible? I have 3 shared maps. photos, videos and Music. Only, I can’t use them because I didn’t buy a Mionet subscription . That’s one sollution, only I’m not sure…