Version 1.3.0.16 -- Does it work yet?

The title says it all really – has anyone managed to get the 1.3.0.16 version to work on XP with all Service Packs / updates installed?

Does anyone know what version is shipped with new drives (mine is a few months old now)?

The reason I ask is that I will be completely reinstalling my system here and would like to know if the 1.3.0.16 version works at all.

Well, for what it’s worth, I noticed here in another post that there is a new Version 1.4.1.1. I seem to have missed the announcement on that one.

I decided to give it a try and after a bluescreen after updating the firmware and trying to restart the machine;  a most unpleasant half hour when XP wouldn’t start (not in secure mode, not in last known working configuration, not in normal mode); it finally started to work again; installed the new software and again had a most unpleasant half hour with the same start problems which magically disappeared by themselves; it now seems to work.

According to the status screen, the back-up completed correctly. Think I’m going to have to work on my trust issues now.