Verify data and where is the BU file?

Greetings!

1. Does the Smartware software/HW verify the backup data? Can verify be forced on/off?

2. Where is the backup on the HD? Private folder shows ‘empty’ and nothing new in the public share, yet the BU was completed successfully…

thanks!

skeeter…

OK. Still can’t find the answers… Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? 

I can see the backup in the web _ interface _, just not in Windoze explorer. View Hidden filesis turned on… (viewable, etc)

And I am not sure about data verify…

I don’t know if it verifies and I believe that the format of the drive allows for the backup info to be hidden.

RichUK,

Thanks much! Yeah, it’s seems a bit spooky. No Smartware = no restore… no veriyfy to me = no backup = return product.

skeeter wrote:

RichUK,

Thanks much! Yeah, it’s seems a bit spooky. No Smartware = no restore… no veriyfy to me = no backup = return product.

Of course you don’t have to use smartware you could use another program which does what you require.

Yeah, I’ve never seen much use for SmartWare…   I use NORTON GHOST for my backups.   Superior in just about ever way imagineable…  

Here are the questions you asked and reply to follow:

1. Does the Smartware software/HW verify the backup data? Can verify be forced on/off?

Answer: There is a process that runs behind the scenes to verify during the backup and it cannot be turned off

1. Where is the backup on the HD? Private folder shows ‘empty’ and nothing new in the public share, yet the BU was completed successfully…

Answer: The backup is hidden in the Public share of MyBookLive.  To verify the backup you can go to the device user interface and select Backup option on the left column.  It will then open the sceen and show you the list of WD Smartware backups and TimeMachine backups.  To delete the backup, click on the Trash can icon.

…Just what I wanted to know. Thanks very much!