VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS

I have searched these forums and I can not find what I am looking for, if anyone can help I would very much appreciate it and/or poiint me to the related posting/s.

I have two 300 GB Serial ATA II VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS internal hard drives. The motherboard I have is an Asus Striker II Formula with BIOS ver  2402 (the latest as of 5.19.2010) and it has the nVidia nForce 780i SLI chipset with driver ver 15.53 which is the latest on nVidia’s website. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated.

The issue is when I use the drives as just an SATA they show up as SCSI drives in Windows and since they show/read as SCSI most hard drive tools will not read them correctly, SMART does not work, HD temp does not work, etc. This is the same when I change the BIOS from SATA to use Raid 0.

First thing will I benefit from the HD using Raid 0 even though is reads SCSI or should I just use them as just a single SATA drive/s? If so the highest strip size I can set for Raid 0 is 128, what should I set strip too if Raid 0 will be better?

Another is, is there a way to still get the chipset driver benefits and change the settings somehow so the drive will show up as SATA or the correct Raid 0 reading so that SMART, HD temp, etc. will read correctly?

I am sorry my question is not very clear but I am not very good at putting my thoughs to text.

Since these drives show as SCSI I am not able to use most SSD correctly. A month or so ago I purchased two Intel X25-M and the drives would not work correctly since they showed as SCSI, I put them in my wifes PC, a HP and the drives showed correctly in this machine and work just fine, they are amazing. Again I know my question is chopped up amd messing but if anyone is not able to understand just let me know and I will try to help more.

Summary:

Should I use them as SATA or Raid 0? If Raid 0 what strip size (remember I am an MMO gamer)?

How can I get then to show as SATA in Windows instead of SCSI?