VCD to AVI?

hello all,
i transfered all my VCDs to a hard drive using a video converter from VCD to AVI. when i tried to play a film from the hard drive i get audio only no video. MPEG pops on the screen not avi. what did i do wrong? i got video on the computer but not on the tv.

If you can see the movie on your computer but not on your TV, it simply means you have encoded the files with parameters that are not supported by your TV. Check the exact criteria your TV uses for playback since “AVI” is not enough, there are more things like the internal codec, refresh rate and more details in the configuration that work together. Once you find the exact configuration you need, then convert the files again.

donaldsonjune wrote:

hello all,
i transfered all my VCDs to a hard drive using a video converter from VCD to AVI. when i tried to play a film from the hard drive i get audio only no video. MPEG pops on the screen not avi. what did i do wrong? i got video on the computer but not on the tv.

on top of what Pizza’s asking, how are you serving up your files?  are you directly connecting the drive to the tv, or what? 

thanks guys,

i went to plan B and hooked up an asus player.  all files are playing.  but i had the WDlive unit hooked up to the tv.  a external hard drive was hooked up to the WD unit.