Utilities Download for My Passport

I have a new iMac Desktop with Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.4 bought last summer.  I also got a portable My Passport 2TB last summer also.  It has to be formatted for Mac.  The Model is WDBY8L0020BSL-NESN.

I am really not understanding much.  I guess you can not use the softwear for backing up (for this external hard drive) on my iMac.  But I think you can use the WD Drive Utilities (for Mac) with it.  Do these Drive Utilities (WD Security and WD Drive Utilities) come already on My Passport?  Or do I have to download them from the Western Digital Site?  If I have to download them from the site, Where can they be downloaded from on the Site?  I can’t find them. 

Thank You for clearing this up for me.  I would really like to use them. 

Thank You,

Jasperita

WD’s site hosts the latest available version for all bundled applications.

Here’s a direct link.

Regards,

Thank You For the Link Trancer,

I still do not understand.  These utilities should be on my version of My Passport when I bought it?   And if they were not, when I download them from the link you provided, will these updated versions still work with My Passport, Model: WDBY8L0020BSL-NESN?

Thank You So Much for the information,

Thank You’

Jasperita

They are universal. It’s actually better to download the updated utilities [From the link] because even if you purchased your drive today, it could have been physically produced 1 day before the latest updates.

Regards,

1 Like

Thank You Very Much for the help.  I needed it!

Thank You,

Jasperita