Using WDTV Live to Share Movies

This might be a stupid question but have looked everywhere but can find nothing on it.

If you have your storage attached to the WD TV live can you use it to share your files to another WD TV Live. Essentially eliminating the need for seperate file servers. What I am looking to achieve is to have 3 WD TV Lives networked together and use one as the file server. Is it possible ??

I can see that you can share the WD TV Live from the network settings but all the documenation seems to be about transfering files.

If this can be done, and if anyone has done it what was the performace like. I would be doing it accross a hardwired network.

Appreciate any insight

Cheers

SJK

I am not sure if this answers it, it looks like it does

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Networking/2-WD-TV-Live-Media-Players/td-p/34017

SJKme wrote:

This might be a stupid question but have looked everywhere but can find nothing on it.

If you have your storage attached to the WD TV live can you use it to share your files to another WD TV Live. Essentially eliminating the need for seperate file servers. What I am looking to achieve is to have 3 WD TV Lives networked together and use one as the file server. Is it possible ??

I can see that you can share the WD TV Live from the network settings but all the documenation seems to be about transfering files.

If this can be done, and if anyone has done it what was the performace like. I would be doing it accross a hardwired network.

Appreciate any insight

Cheers

SJK

Yes, you can do this.