Using WD15EADS as an external drive

I have the WD15EADS in an external case, but my computer won’t acknowledge it. I went through a similar situation with girls in high school, so I know how it must feel.

Is there some sort of driver I would need to make the magic happen? For the hard drive, not me.

Are you using the drive with a external enclosure or with a Sata-USB adapter?

An external enclosure. Windows 7, by the way.

Can you hear the drive spin up? Is there any sign of life, eg an LED indicator?

Is there a USB mass storage device in Device Manager?

Does the drive appear in Disk Management? If so, have you initialised and formatted it?

BTW, women prefer a different kind of drive, eg a Ferrari. Didn’t they teach you that at school? :slight_smile:

Can you hear the drive spin up?

Yes, it is humming along to aid in my frustrations.

Is there any sign of life, eg an LED indicator?

The enclosure has a power indicator. That’s all for LED indicators.

No.

Does the drive appear in Disk Management?

No.

If so, have you initialised and formatted it?

N/A

BTW, women prefer a different kind of drive, eg a Ferrari. Didn’t they teach you that at school?

I have resolved the girls issue for myself (remarkably, I did so without a Ferrari). My poor hard drive, however,  is destined for a “Forever Alone” face if I don’t help it out.

seantastic wrote:

No.

If there is not a USB mass storage device it means that the enclosure is not being detected by Windows.  You may try an additional USB cord and try connecting the power adapter directly to a wall outlet.  To check if the drive works you can install it internally in the PC or to another enclosure.