Using WD Security in a commercial environment

Hello,
Can WD Security be used in a commercial environment?

In my case, I am using WD Security on my laptop which is used for commercial purpose.

I have gone through the ‘Western Digital End User License Agreement’ while installing the WD Security software. I am posting parts of the agreement which I found relevant to this topic.

• Part 1

"1. LICENSE GRANT and Restrictions

The Software is licensed to you and not sold. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, WDT hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, and revocable license to use the Software for your personal or internal purposes, and to make a reasonable number of copies of the Software solely as reasonably necessary to use the Software as permitted pursuant to this Agreement. "

• Part 2

"4. UPDATES; Automatic features

You acknowledge that WDT has no obligation to provide you with any Updates (as defined below) to the Software. WDT may, however, from time to time, issue updated versions of the Software and the Software may automatically connect to WDT or third-party servers via the Internet to check for available updates to the Software, such as bug fixes, patches, upgrades, additional or enhanced functions, plug-ins and new versions (collectively, “Updates”) and may either (a) automatically electronically update the version of the Software that you are using on your personal device or (b) give you the option of manually downloading applicable Updates. By installing the Software and not disabling any automated check for Updates, if applicable, you hereby agree and consent to automatically request and receive Updates from WDT or third-party servers, and that the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall apply to all of these Updates. "

Please note that I am using WD Security for personal purpose (on a personal device), at the same time in a commercial environment.

So, can I continue using WD Security on my laptop? (I will post the entire agreement if required)

Thank you.

Hi k301,

If you are using WD Security for personal purpose (on a personal device), at the same time in a commercial environment then yes, you can use the software with your WD external drive considering the software is compatible with the drive. While using the WD security application it might ask you to auto unlock the drive on a particular computer. If you are using this auto unlock feature on the computer then make sure you keep a copy of the password stored somewhere in case you forget it. The WD Security software uses the password to electronically lock and unlock the drive. If you forget the password, you will not be able to access the data that is on the drive or write new data to it. You will have to erase the drive before you can use it again. You can refer to the link below to check the user guide of WD Security application:

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=19494