Using WD My Cloud offline

I bought a WD My Cloud 3TB to use with a Mac.  It’s a great concept, but I have one issue.  If you’re working on a document, which is stored on the cloud, what happens if you use an internet connection?  My assumption was that it’d save the file locally, and sync it up and delete the local file, once internet was restored.  However, when I use word on mac, and lose intenrt connection - word just crashes completley, and I lose all my work.  However with Apple’s pages, it just does what I thought, it wait suntil the drives back online and saves it there.  Has anyone else had this issue, or know a fix?

Welcome to the Community.

At this moment the device does not feature offline-sync. However, your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Software & Accessory Ideas

Ah, okay, thanks.

I’m confused though - when offline with some applications, it did sync up once I went back online, it just asked if I wanted to overwrite the older files?