Using Thumbnails - A step by step how to!

Hi to all

First off I take no credit for this info, I have just put various bits into one post.

Obtain a picture

Open in Photoshop or other editor

Resize to 800 x 1200

Save as BASELINE standard (in photoshop)

Place in “movie” folder i.e Aliens

If movie is anything other than Video_ts file rename the jpg the same as the movie i.e Alien.avi (movie file) Alien.jpg (picture file)

If the movie file is Video_ts rename the picture file  Folder.jpg

Hope this is of some help.

What about when you have folders within a folder, and want to display a thumbnail picture on the master folder. For example, if I have movie files of a tv show in one folder, and within that folder, I have more folders to organize the videos by seasons. How can i display the jpg on the master folder?

Thank you

knighthawk2 wrote:

Resize to 800 x 1200

Better to resize to 120x180 as that is the size the WDTV displays (video) thumbnails at and at this size will be the quickest option because it does not have to spend time down-sizing a larger picture.

kpapamar wrote:

What about when you have folders within a folder, and want to display a thumbnail picture on the master folder. For example, if I have movie files of a tv show in one folder, and within that folder, I have more folders to organize the videos by seasons. How can i display the jpg on the master folder?

Thank you

Each folder will need it’s own folder.jpg