Using rest of the drive

I just installed My Book Studio 2tb  on my iMac and it went flawlessly and is backing up just great. But there is a ton of space left just waiting to be used for all sorts of other things. How can I make folders (like photos, video projects, etc.) and be able to save stuff to these. Also downloaded Quick View and installed it and now can’t find it. Can find Quick View uninstaller in launchpad but not the program. 

thanks for the help in advance.

Hello,

Please check if the links below will help.

How to copy or move files or folders to a different hard drive on a Mac

How to physically connect, disconnect, and install a WD external drive in a Windows PC or Mac

How to use a WD external hard drive with your computer

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I will use the info you sent. I also need to know how to create folders on the WD drive and then be able to ‘save’ files to that folder from the iMac. Such as creating a folder 'graphics" and then when I create a graphic and go to save it, I will see that folder on the HD as one of the options. Thanks again for the help.

williamsb wrote:

Thanks for the help. I will use the info you sent. I also need to know how to create folders on the WD drive and then be able to ‘save’ files to that folder from the iMac. Such as creating a folder 'graphics" and then when I create a graphic and go to save it, I will see that folder on the HD as one of the options. Thanks again for the help.

Creating folders on the drive is done like you create folders on your Mac, same process with CTRL click.

The Quickview doesn’t install as a program per se, it’s just an icon you’ll see on the system tray of your Mac when the drive is connected to show you basic things like used space and temperature of the drive.

1 Like