Using MyCloud as a NORMAL winchester?

Hi!

Is there a way to use my WD MyCloud as a NORMAL external winchester, with USB cabel, directly connected with my PC? My internet speed is far slower, than the direct USB transfer, so I can’t copy HD movies with internet speed.

Please Help!

Thanks

Doing file transfers from your home network doesn’t use the internet, so that really has nothing to do with it when you’re at home.

Ok, but my PC and MyCloud have the same USB input form, so I can not connect them each other. I can put an extra HDD to MyCloud, and I can transfer data between them but is there a direct way to do that?

I searched for hours, but I’ve found no answer.

Reply to: benyo85

Tony is right, if you want to know the route your computer is taking to your My Cloud do a Trace Route. See image below. You will see my computer goes to My Cloud through my router while there are a few hops to get to the WD Community.

Now place 208.74.204.62 in the address bar and click Enter. WD Community will open.

Have you connected a ethernet cable from your computer to your router. That should speed things up a little.

As for the attached HDD to My Cloud where else do you think the information would travel other than from one to the other.

benyo85 wrote:

Hi!

Is there a way to use my WD MyCloud as a NORMAL external winchester, with USB cabel, directly connected with my PC? My internet speed is far slower, than the direct USB transfer, so I can’t copy HD movies with internet speed.

Please Help!

Thanks

The answer is no, you cannot connect the MyCloud directly to the Computer with a USB cable.

However you can connect your MyCloud directly with an ethernet cable, bypassing the router, but your speed is still limited to your pc network speed; gigabit if gigabit.

Thank you, the ethernet connection works perfectly.

Thanks for everyone for the advices!