Using My passport to store music for deejaying

Hello Community

I am new at this so please excuse me.  I am trying to move my music from my computer to my passport. I am a dj and have already used 20 GB of space on my Mac. I bought the passport to backup my computer and to use when deejaying. Question. How do I store my music for use when performing?

Thank you so much for your answers

Summertime:womanvery-happy:

WHERE DO I GO TO GET AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION?   WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT?

For prompt answers to technical support questions, you’re best off contacting Apple or Western Digital support directly.  These forums are for Western Digital users to share tips and experiences with each other, and that’s why sometimes questions aren’t answered.

But I would like to address your question.  To use the drive as storage, you’re just using the basic file storage and copying features that are provided by your operating system.  So in your case you’d open a Finder window, navigate to wherever it is you store your music, and then you can open a second Finder window with your hard drive and drag your music files or folders from one window to the other.

When you drag from your internal drive to your external drive, your computer will automatically copy the files instead of moving them.

If you have any other questions, you should contact technical support.