Using my home pro duo as music server - ready to give up

I am getting very frustrated, maybe I need to return my new My Cloud Home Duo. I wanted to use it to store my music and videos on it and have my Simaudio Moon and Smart TV play the videos and music from the Home Duo. I read a lot and saw that there was a public folder that windows file explorer can see, I found it on one of our computers and moved all the music there. The other computer we have couldn’t see the folder, and today the computer that could see the public drive cannot see the home duo today. Our Moon audio player also cannnot see the music on the home duo.

I can use the app on Ios and backup my photos, the app for the PC can see the home duo, but when I click on it, it does not “open”. If I use mycloud.com I can see the content of the my home duo

I have reset, rebooted etc.

Did I get it wrong, is Home Duo not a NAS that can be used to store music on and play it from there?

I am ready to throw in the towel and give up

Please help

Here are a few KBA that may help.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=18914&s=

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, the PLEX is enabled, but since the music is stored in my private space, it cannot be read by my smart tv or simaudio media player.

One Windows computer could see the my home duo one day under network, the next day not and the other computer cannot see it at all. The computer that cannot see the home duo, does have a z: drive listed, the other that used to see the home duo there has never been a z; drive, probably because the windows app sees the duo, but cannot open it.

My basic question remains, is the my cloud home a NAS that can be used to stream files, or do I need a different piece of hardware.

Enable Plex DLNA Media Server.
Instructions are in the KBA

Thank you, Plex is enabled - I have returned the unit, it is clearly not working