Using media server can I linksheet artists?

Well, maybe it’s time for a different thread, then. 

“How to make thumbgen spit out exactly what you want”.  :smileyvery-happy:

Gotta go now though.  Friday and all…

* edit - and that’s not happening any time soon → http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2108&p=43728&hilit=music#p43728

hmmmm…  maybe another look a Gimp

So I’ve been playing around with a few things now. 

Using Thumbgen Designer I altered a DeVicious TV Season episode template.  Hacked,  fenaggled, and beat info submission really… which only reflects my level of understanding prior…

Once satisfied (for now) I used Thumbgen.  in options/advanced, I told it to include mp3 flac ogg etc… so it would pick them up, and because it was a TV Season template, it only picks the first album under each artist.  There were problems with double albums… there’s always some problems…

When TG can’t find your album name on the TVDB, you have to manually type “lost” for example into the search field so it pulls up a metadata file with all the fields necessary.  Then it is a case of c/p info from a few different sources to come up with this —> 

Who knew Connie Francis was hot?  The blue text will be removed from the xml once I am finished.  The time/temp, the song title, and the album art is the xml, and the rest is the linksheet.

Pics I find on Google images, using gimp to resize and export to a folder.  “Name” + wallpaper in the search is often helpful, but not always.

Dropped the album names into the “episode name” field from an excel sheet made using … cmd> dir > txt  then import to excel.

Band members and bios from AllMusic.com get dropped into “cast” and “overview”  (not sure if I like bios or not, but I’ll leave them there for now)  

I have a notepad window open to adjust text for band members and album names.  You need to add commas…

Keyboard shortcuts rock for this.  Ctrl + A C V, home, del, are invaluable time savers.  As well as Ctrl/shift/e in jing…

Generate your jpgs, strip the extension as you would normally. 

The artist name in the tag has to exactly match the name as the jpg created (folder name), because the xml cues off of the artist, and therefore the linksheet does too.  Important enough to note as several needed to be tweaked after because of & instead of “and” , stupid spelling errors etc…

I set TG to create a metadata file for each that lives in the first album for each artist, so if I want to change things later, all the information is there - don’t want to do this ever again.

Am I nuts.  Probably.  It’s a labor of love, and you just grind away at it. 

It is helpful to separate it into different steps. 

I made all my spreadsheets first because you then can c/p info from them multiple times in different steps. Then I make all the pngs for a A or B or C next, and then I pick away 10 at a time. I’ve now got it down to about 5-8 min total per sheet.

I have the letter C completed, and all linksheets are working fine, another 300 or so since I started.  I don’t anticipate problems with capacity.

If any of you want to play around with the template, here’s a link to a download.  Just place it in the templates folder of TG as you would any other.  It’s not cleaned up, I just made it work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vz8vvsmjtmna5cl/Artist_Template_by_Menisantic.zip

Once I get along a little farther, I’ll upload the sheets along with the tgmd files.  Dunno if I’m the only one doing this or not, or if anyone is interested in the first place. 

The end results are worth it if you ask me. 

Still churning away on this.  On letter N now.  It’s rewarding to watch as more and more of the playlists become linksheet backed. 

I’m still not sure if I’ll end up keeping the bios information, but when it’s playing I find the GF reading them often enough.  

The downside is that the text virtually ruins many of them, so the jury is out.

In retrospect, it sure is a good thing I set TJ to create metadata files for each.  I’ll do them all with full information, then subtract items later, keeping the original tjmd files as a “master-list” elsewhere.  I’ll look into that later. 

I’ll upload the lot of them once I’m finished and am sure there’s no problems with it. 

Just dropping in because I haven’t been on in a while. 

Hope you guys can help on this. You guy are way smarter then me with XMLs.

Using the Simple Theme I want to just add Sheets when playing music. So far no luck with adding the lines that Joey suggested....

I added <image image="@@artist" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>
<image image="@@album_name" w="1280" h="720"
bg="1"/>

To the album_playback XML with no luck....

Here's the Simple XML with the mod...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- Copyright (C) 2010, ALPHA Networks, inc. -->
<page overlay="1">

<ctrlgrp>
<button valkey="PLAY_ALBUM"/>
<linebreak/>
<button valkey="INFO"/>
<linebreak/>
<listbox valkey="browselist" autoenter="1" autoswitch="0" move="row"
cols="1" rows="9" lbmask="u" loop_scroll="0" turbo_trigger="10" turbo_multi="10" fixed_scrolling_pos="4" />
<linebreak/>
<textbox valkey="metadata_overview" numlines="6" directkey_table="UD"/>
</ctrlgrp>
<include filename="./inc_loading.xml"/>
<image image="@@artist" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>
<image image="@@album_name" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>
<image image="image/audio.jpg" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" align="hcenter" scale_type="pan" scale="100" bg="1"/>
<image image="image/video_encoding_bg.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" scale="100"/>
<image image="image/album_playback.png" x="20" y="20" w="200" h="24"/>

<text text="@@text-play_album" x="100" y="90" w="300" h="30" align="LEFT" fontsize="30"
actnoseltextcolor="0x000000" activetextcolor="0x747474" actoverlistcolor="0x747474" textcolor="0x747474"
disable="@@disable-PLAY_ALBUM" active="@@act-PLAY_ALBUM"/>
<text text="@@text-info" x="100" y="130" w="300" h="30" align="LEFT" fontsize="30"
actnoseltextcolor="0x0000000" activetextcolor="0x747474" actoverlistcolor="0x747474" textcolor="0x747474"
disable="@@disable-INFO" active="@@act-INFO"/>

<table x="100" w="700" h="400"
cols="1" rows="15" align="left" fontsize="30" disable="@@disable-browselist"
textcolor="0x747474" actnoseltextcolor="0x000000" actoverlistcolor="0x747474" activetextcolor="0xffbe30" selectedtextcolor="0x000000">
<text text="@@song_name_0" y="170" selected="@@browse_0_select" speed="@@browse_speed_0" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@song_name_1" y="215" selected="@@browse_1_select" speed="@@browse_speed_1" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@song_name_2" y="260" selected="@@browse_2_select" speed="@@browse_speed_2" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@song_name_3" y="305" selected="@@browse_3_select" speed="@@browse_speed_3" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@song_name_4" y="350" selected="@@browse_4_select" speed="@@browse_speed_4" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@song_name_5" y="395" selected="@@browse_5_select" speed="@@browse_speed_5" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@song_name_6" y="440" selected="@@browse_6_select" speed="@@browse_speed_6" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@song_name_7" y="485" selected="@@browse_7_select" speed="@@browse_speed_7" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@song_name_8" y="530" selected="@@browse_8_select" speed="@@browse_speed_8" delay="1"/>
</table>

<wrapper w="50" h="60" x="45" scale_type="pan" align="vcenter,right" disable="@@disable-now_playing_icon">
<image image="@@now_playing_0" y="153"/>
<image image="@@now_playing_1" y="198"/>
<image image="@@now_playing_2" y="243"/>
<image image="@@now_playing_3" y="288"/>
<image image="@@now_playing_4" y="333"/>
<image image="@@now_playing_5" y="378"/>
<image image="@@now_playing_6" y="323"/>
<image image="@@now_playing_7" y="468"/>
<image image="@@now_playing_8" y="513"/>
</wrapper>

<!-- audio panel -->
<text text="@@total_time" x="980" y="350" w="400" h="72" fontsize="72" align="bottom,left" textcolor="0xd4d4d4" disable="@@disable-audiopanel"/>
<text text="@@play_time" x="980" y="390" w="400" h="72" textcolor="0x2c2c2c" fontsize="72" align="bottom,left" disable="@@disable-audiopanel"/>
<text text="@@artist" x="50" y="570" w="1200" h="80" fontsize="72" align="bottom,left" textcolor="0x747474" auto_translate="1" speed="1" delay="2"/>
<text text="@@album_name" x="50" y="610" w="1200" h="80" fontsize="72" align="bottom,left" textcolor="0x2c2c2c" auto_translate="1" speed="1" delay="2"/>
<image image="@@wrongkeyicon" x="563" y="282" w="154" h="155" align="hcenter" />
<image image="@@keyicon" x="1063" y="71" w="65" h="45" align="hcenter" />
<include filename="./inc_decoration_player.xml"/>

<image image="@@album_cover" x="992" y="42" w="250" h="250" align="hcenter" scale_type="pan" scale="100"/>
<image image="@@album_icon" x="992" y="42" w="250" h="250" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="pan" />
<image image="image/album_playback_frame.png" x="977" y="35" w="280" h="278"/>

</page>

Here's how the theme displays currently

WDTVLiveHub_2014.05.10_16.29.05.jpg

Any ideas/help?

2 things ,

1. the “audio.jpg” is overlaying and hiding the Linksheets.

<image image=“@@artist” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1”/>
<image image=“@@album_name” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1”/>
<image image=“image/audio.jpg” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” align=“hcenter” scale_type=“pan” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>

Try it the other way around … so the Linksheet will overlay on top of the audio.jpg (the background picture of the piano) also just to safe … add an x and y code as well.

<image image="image/audio.jpg" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" align="hcenter" scale_type="pan" scale="100" bg="1"/>

<image image=“@@artist” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1”/>
<image image=“@@album_name” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1”/>

Looking at that screenshot … your “Artist” is “Unknown”

so, you would need a Linksheet named  Unknown  for the “Artist” to display.

If you want “The Doors” as the text display and the name of the Linksheet, you’ll need to use a Tag Editor on your music files. eg. Mp3tag (which works with wma files)

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

or you could also have a Linksheet named Best of the DOORS (if you want an album Linksheet)

1 Like

Thank you again Joey Smyth!!

Worked perfect!!

No probs… Otter0911

Hey, that looks really good !  :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, so I’m finally finished.  I’ve churned out 970 or so artist linksheets since I started this little adventure.

I’ve saved all the wallpapers for each artist without any metadata on it if you want to have a browse of them.  Download them here → http://www.mediafire.com/download/83j6k8zai21c06r/Schwak_o_wallpapers.zip

It’s mostly rock titles with a little bit of everything else tossed in just for company. 

Artist template here →   http://www.mediafire.com/download/vz8vvsmjtmna5cl/Artist_Template_by_Menisantic.zip

Mess with it all you want, if you want, or not at all. 

I’m not getting the impression many are interested in the linksheets I’m actually making, but if you want, they’re here → http://www.mediafire.com/download/9fnf8ld1ebumhzc/Linksheets.zip

The tgmd files are considerably larger, but that’s the motherlode.  All the information contained in the linksheets - that being band memebers, a short bio, genre, album names, and artist.  Many probably wouldn’t want the bio or a list of the albums I have on file, but there’s the meat, trim as you like. 

You’ll also be able to get away from the font I’m using.  I was too far in to go back and do them all again when I discovered I hadn’t installed the font on my machine .  I don’t mind it. 

TGMD files:

A+B

C+D

E-H

I-K 

L+M

N-R

S

T

U-Z

I see that others have added a second linksheet for the album.  Why couldn’t I think of that?!?  Anyways, great idea. 

I’ll be messing around with the layouts of all of these… album art too big… artist name too low… etc… but I thought I’d offer up what I have now that I have it all together.

After all this time I found a switch on my NAS which sent title/album info to my SMP. :smileyfrustrated: That changed a few things.

I've had a chance now to mess around with the template, and made some changes to album_playback.xml to accomodate.

Much less "noise" on the screen now.

Artist template here

Full album_playback.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<page background="image/RV-BG-ALBUM.jpg">
<ctrlgrp>
<button valkey="PLAY_ALBUM" />
<linebreak />
<button valkey="INFO" />
<linebreak />
<listbox valkey="browselist" autoenter="1" autoswitch="0" move="row" cols="1" rows="12" lbmask="udlr" loop_scroll="0" turbo_trigger="10" turbo_multi="10" fixed_scrolling_pos="12" />
<linebreak />
<textbox valkey="metadata_overview" numlines="6" directkey_table="UD" />
</ctrlgrp>
<include filename="./inc_loading.xml" />

<!-- linksheet attempt -->
<image image="@@artist" w="1280" h="720" bg="1" />

<!-- time and temperature -->
<wrapper><text text="@@info_temp" x="1022" y="74" w="200" h="26" align="right" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xFFFFFF" bg="1"/><text text="$$Temperature I" x="980" y="74" w="200" h="26" align="right" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xFFFFFF" bg="1"/><text text="@@info_time" x="1075" y="35" w="150" h="44" align="right" fontsize="40" textcolor="0xFFFFFF" bg="1"/> <image x="1067" y="35" w="44" h="44" image="@@info_temp_icon" scale="100" bg="1"/> </wrapper>

<!-- song title position -->
<text text="@@songname" x="87" y="210" w="600" h="38" speed="1" delay="1" fontsize="36" textcolor="0xFFFFFF" align="left" disable="@@disable-audiopanel"/>

<!-- audio panel -->
<image image="@@info_album_artist" x="761" y="160" w="488" h="560" align="left,top" disable="@@disable-audiopanel" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" />
<image image="image/album_playback_playing_bg.png" x="761" y="600" w="488" h="95" />
<text text="@@play_time" x="904" y="620" w="104" h="22" fontsize="16" align="right" disable="@@disable-audiopanel" />
<text text="@@total_time" x="990" y="620" w="90" h="22" fontsize="16" align="right" textcolor="0x998855" disable="@@disable-audiopanel" />
<image image="@@wrongkeyicon" x="563" y="282" w="154" h="155" align="hcenter" />
<image image="@@keyicon" x="1063" y="71" w="65" h="45" align="hcenter" />
<image image="image/album_cover_frame.png" x="921" y="221" w="324" h="324" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" />
<include filename="./inc_decoration_player.xml" />
</page>

That looks amazing!