Using HDTV as a monitor browsing the internet - via livehub?

Anyone know if there is anywat to extend the desktop or add a monitor using the media player. I have also been wondering if Windows Media Streaming somehow???

Ie using windowIE or what ever browser you have  - to Push to TV - Streaming via the Live hub???

Essencially I am looking for the ability to have my HDTV show what is going on on my PC - ultimately without using the graphics output cable connecting the PC and HDTV (teathering me to to TV)

Thanks

James

ashtonj wrote:

Anyone know if there is anywat to extend the desktop or add a monitor using the media player. I have also been wondering if Windows Media Streaming somehow???

Ie using windowIE or what ever browser you have  - to Push to TV - Streaming via the Live hub???

Essencially I am looking for the ability to have my HDTV show what is going on on my PC - ultimately without using the graphics output cable connecting the PC and HDTV (teathering me to to TV)

Thanks

James

No. The WDTV units cannot act as remote desktops. They are media players.

Agreed.

The WD/HUB can only look at your files, then decode and play them.

I get the concept though I think you’d need far more processing power than this chipset provides (most of which is dedicated hardware decoders).

http://www.nchsoftware.com/screen/index.html

I don’t see why this wouldn’t work.   

Someone might be able to create an app running on a PC that just grabs the video and sound and puts it in an h.264/m4a over DLNA stream.    Then just use the wireless keyboard and mouse at the PC (meaning NOT plugged into the DLNA device.)

It would have significant latency, and frame rates would be slow compared to the PC’s display, but for some simple applications like watching a WebEx telecon (which I do from home quite often), it’d be much easier than fiddling with cables to plug in ones laptop to their AVR…  

Something like this is bound to pop up…