Using hard drive in Japan/Asia

Hi, new to the forum here, was wondering if someone could help me. I bought a WDBAAU0010HBK product in New Zealand with a NZ electrical plug, have now moved to Japan. I tried using it with an adaptor but it didnt work, does anyone have any ideas how I can overcome this? Or do I need to buy something else. Thanks.

Utility AC power supply in Japan is rated to 115Volts AC. Looks like your drive’s power adaptor is not universal (100 ~240Volts AC) and fixed to 220Volts AC.

Make sure to double check the sticker underneath the power adaptor to confirm you have only 220/230Vots AC power adaptor. In this case, you can buy a step –up transformer (110 > 220) from any electrical shop.

If you can visit WD sales/service outlet in they Japan, they might be able to provide you a compatible AC adaptor for your drive model. (This is the best option)

NOTE: If the existing power adaptor sticker is showing AC 100~240 V and still not working, your drive/adaptor/cable may be fauilty.

Mabikay – SLK

Note: Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue. …