Using EasyStore Drive in Car USB Port

Hi, I bought a 1TB external EasyStore hard drive and my goal is to copy music from my windows PC on to the drive and plug it into the USB port of my Toyota Camry.

This drive works fine on my PC but when I plug it into my car USB port, it is not recognized.

I reformatted the drive to Fat32 with a 32k partisan and the drive still was not recognized.

Is there a fix for this problem? I thank you for your help.

could be anything

maybe the Toyota USB does not have enough power to power a mechanical spinning hard drive ? flash/thumb drives shouldn’t be a problem. Maybe the USB is only for charging devices ?

What Partition table is the 1TB ? MBR (Master Boot Record) or GPT (GUID Partition Table) ? … a lot of non computer devices don’t like GPT and will only work with MBR

What’s the maximum capacity USB the Toyota Camry supports ? you’ll have to consult your car user manual or contact Toyota.

Yup, check the user manual. 2.5" hard drive should draw somewhere around .5-1.5 amps at 5 volt.
If you plug your external drive to your stereo and the drive does not spin up then it does not get enough amps to spin the mechanical drive. Most USB port should provide 5 volt but the amps is vary by manufacture.