Users Denied Access on local network

I have a DL4100. I’ve had it for over a year and it’s been mostly good. But… I’ve added 3 new users to my location (onsite with on the network with the DL4100), and they keep getting access denied errors.

I’m not sure what’s going on here, but the users have access from their user page in the admin. In one case one user can access one share but not another even though they have permission, and in the other case the other user has no access at all? Any help appreciated.

This is the “Single Bay” My Cloud forum, you might want to post this in the DL forum here.

See the second paragraph in that error message: it’s a Windows restriction on connecting network drives. If they have already accessed a Public share on the drive, they will not then be able to access a Private drive (since the Public drive connection will have established a connection using the PC user credentials).

Disconnect all mapped drives, reset the PC, and connect ALL mapped network drives (Public and Private) using the MyCloud User credentials. You may have to use Windows Credential Manager to delete the credentials associated with the Public drive.

If they are accessing a common Share, you need to modify the access permissions for that Share, to give each User the relevant permissions.