Username help

Hello,

I have a few questions and appreciate a solution. I’m new to this, so I don’t know much about it.

I went through the initial setup of WD MyCloud and realized I (or WD MyCloud) created a username I wasn’t expecting after entering my name. What I did was enter an initial for my first name and full last name. After that, I launched the WDMyCloud shortcut and noticed the initial share and public share then I closed the app. I launched the dashboard and noticed the initial used as the username. I wasn’t expecting the software to create a username and share based on the first name during the setup phase. I thought there would be another step in the setup that would allow me to input the username of my choice. Another thing during the setup, I was never prompted to input a password but realized that it can set it in the dashboazrd. I have not set a password yet not transfer any files to it yet. The only major change I have done to the NAS so far is update the firmware and I was a bit leery at doing that.

Can I rename the username that is an initial to a word of my choice without losing accsss to it? Also, is this the admin account of the entire NAS? If I add more users, will the username be based off a person’s first name?

The yellow arrow pointing to the area I want to change in the following image (hope this displays correctly)::

Thanks for any help!

While the answer is yes to your questions and as the Administrator you can create the additional user names if you want to. I am providing a link to the My Cloud User Manual. It should provide all the information you need for changing your User/Share name and everything else needed to set up your My Cloud.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf

Thank you for the reply and answers, cat0w! I’ll dowmload the manual now and read it tomrrow and the make change tomorrow also, as it’s late in the evening.