User name and password (blank password) not accepted after setting up new user

Have not been able to use my MBL since purchase. On instalation it required a firmware upgrade, this did not work well and had to use a fix. Now when I create a new user with a blank password it will not allow access to that users share’s. When the user name is entered and P/W left blank it just requests the user name and password again and so on. V02.32.05-046 coreF/ W.

Can anyone help please

1 Like

You cannot create a Private Share with no password and connect to it via Windows (At least, with Windows 7…)

Just tried it myself. 

You must have a password.

Linux can connect fine, so it must just be a Windows thing…

Thanks for the reply but the same thing happens if I do create a password.

1 Like

It doesn’t give an error message?

No there is no error message. I just enter the user name and password and it just kicks straight back to the same box asking for the user name and password again. I have tried deleteing shares and and users, then started afresh with new user names and passwords but the same thing happens.

Try to do the mapping via the COMMAND LINE.

Hopefully that will generate a message that will help out.

The syntax for the command is

net use [drive letter:] \drivename\sharename

so it should be like this:

c:\windows> net use f: \\mybooklive\testshare
Enter the user name for 'mybooklive': testuser
Enter the password for mybooklive: 
The command completed successfully

c:> windows>

Ok when try to map by cmd prompt I get the error message “System error 67 has occoured” network path not found

Well,that’ll give you something to Google…

OK thanks for your interest.

Ok found the answer posted by Myron to archiew’s post “cannot connect to private share from Vista explorer” thanks to them both.

Hi,

I have the same problem.

You said you found the answer at:

Ok found the answer posted by Myron to archiew’s post “cannot connect to private share from Vista explorer” thanks to them both.

How do I find that?

This is so frustrating. 

Thanks,

Jeff