Use WD TV Live without monitor, for audio purposes only

Hello. I would like know if will be possible do the following: I have a USB pen drive with lot of audio mp3 ( meditation exercises, about 3000) files numbered as:

00001 - Audio01

00002 - Audio02

00003 - Audio03

I would like know if will be possible use the WD TV Live without monitor, for audio purposes only.

I mean, will be possible, insert an usb pen drive, and, after push some keys in the remote, enter the file number and the player will play directly this number of file? Without  use monitor or tv.

I do this now with an DVD player with usb, and runs well.

Thanks.

In a fashion, yes;  there’s an AUTOPLAY mode that might do what you want.

Thanks.

And can select the file number that I want to play?

You might also consider the Logitech Squeezebox line. They have a few different options, and none require a TV. I love mine.

Thanks, I was looking Logitech at web site but manuals are very short and don’t explain too much.

Does Logitech the function of insert an usb pen drive, and, after push some keys in the remote, enter the file number and the player will play directly this number of file?

Your best place to ask questions about their newer products is http://forums.slimdevices.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

It’s the Touch which has USB & SD card possibilities. Sorry- I have an older model without the option. It is much more expensive than the WDTVlive but the sound is amazing and everything is on screen - you just scroll to the songs you want.

Really sounds to me like you’re forcing a square peg into a round hole.   

A simple MP3 player will probably do more of what you want, and cost a heck of a lot less.

I was looking too, but after read this: http://www.itwriting.com/blog/reviews/review-logitech-squeezebox-touch If 30000 files need 15 minutes of scan every start…my collection will be the double!! My collection of music is 71000 files…and growing, of course i will use in another room for music too.

I want:

Flac Digital audio output

USB with Hard disk support, my DVD player with USB only support pen drive.

Insert an usb pen drive, and, after push some keys in the remote, enter the file number and the player will play directly this number of file.

No internal fan, complete silence.

Optional - Network (Ethernet via cable)

So, I think that WD TV Live can be a good choice, but of course, I will hear any other recommendation of any other model.

Thanks.

May be not that  you want? but…

I do follow to listening music without monitor/TV:

mkvmerge convert flac as mka? then rename mka to mkv. Save files to the root of USB-flash

On WD switch on Autoplay to ‘Autoplay video’. Reboot.

Insert flash and listening music.

P.S.: mkvmerge don`t convert flacs, it only insert file into mka.