USB Wi-fi adapter for TV live player

Last week I bought  a new  USB adapter NETGEAR WNDA3100-200PES but this device doesn’t work in my WD TV live player. The player is updated with last FW available on the WD support server.

Could you help me?

Thanks

brinko… It is on the list of approved adapters…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3805/~/list-of-compatible-devices-for-the-wd-tv-live-hd-media-player-and-wd-tv-live.

Does the adapter work on a laptop or PC? Try configuring the adapter manually on the WD. I have bought USB adapters for less that $10 that work with the device and not on the list.

cj

hi cjeman,

what do you mean with configure manually the adapter on WD TV live ? I tried to configure with the manual function net detailes ( IP address, subnet mask,gateway,DNS) but never change. The problem is that WD TV device doesn’t recognize USB adapter and for this reasone I cannot configure it.

Usb adapter work normally on PC/laptop.

The reason I believe is the adaptor is NOT  on the supported list. You say you have a NETGEAR WNDA3100-200PES, the WD list only  has Netgear WNDA3100 with Version/Revision as Not Listed. That last part is important because your adaptor probably has a different chipset that is not supported.

It is easy to verify this, if you insert the WIFI adaptor and the WD does not recognize it then it is not the same as the one on the supported list. Netgear probably changed the chipset in you adaptor, very common and very frustrating when manufacturers keep the model number the same.

I think Parnott is correct. It is very common for manufacturers of such adapters to update devices with a new chipset!