USB Hub work on WD TV Live Media Player?

Hi, I have a WD TV Live Media Player. I have six 2 TB External that I would like to plug into my WD TV Live Media Player at the same time. Would a 7 Port USB Hub Work with a WD TV Live Media Player? Thanks

No. The WDTV will only recognise 1 hard drive on each USB port. Therefore you can only attach a maximum of 2 drives to the WDTV.

Or you could cross over to the dark side and install the B-Rad custom firmware if you really need to use all of them.

Thanks guys. I’m a bit confused though. I can have all 6 external drives plugged in but it will only be able to acces one of them.? Could I just eject that drive and use another one? Could I keep the externals plugged into my Mac and connect to the externals through my Media Player that way?

anyone?

SLR2009 wrote:

Thanks guys. I’m a bit confused though. I can have all 6 external drives plugged in but it will only be able to acces one of them.? Could I just eject that drive and use another one? Could I keep the externals plugged into my Mac and connect to the externals through my Media Player that way?

I presume these drives are mains powered??, if so you could have them plugged into the hub and only have one switched on at a time, use eject and turn off drive before turning the next one on.

You could also share from your Mac for all or some of the drives.

Hardest part, trying to remember what film you want is on what drive. lol

I appreciate the help. I own 6 WD Elements Drives and 2 my book. I can keep the external plugged into my Mac and access the movies from my WD TV Live Media Player hooked up to my TV? How would I go about doing that? Do I need to enable sharing of the drive on my Mac or will it automatically find it and be able to access it?

It would be incredibly awesome if WD allowed you to use a USB multiport hub.

SLR2009 wrote:

I appreciate the help. I own 6 WD Elements Drives and 2 my book. I can keep the external plugged into my Mac and access the movies from my WD TV Live Media Player hooked up to my TV? How would I go about doing that? Do I need to enable sharing of the drive on my Mac or will it automatically find it and be able to access it?

anyone?

The WDTV will need to be on the same network as your Mac, either by cable or wireless, have you got the WDTV  on the network yet ???

Once the above is done, it would be just a matter of sharing what you want from your Mac, and the dives on the WDTV would be seeable to your Mac as well, since it’s been a good 10 years or more since I’ve used Mac OS - I have not a clue on how to share from a Mac now,

Thanks.  I have an ethernet cable hooked up from my Fios Cable Modem to my WD TV Live Media Player