USB Bus not working - My Cloud Gen 2 6TB

I had a Seagate Backup Plus 2TB external HDD plugged in to the USB connectors on my WD MyCloud Gen2. The Seagate lost the contents of two folders. The contents became invisible and the folders would not accept any data.

I replaced the Seagate with a Samsung T5 500GB SSD USB 3.1 drive, which came with encryption software installed. When I tried to connect the SSD to the MyCloud, the MyCloud stopped functioning correctly and was inaccessible from my iMac. The store from which I purchased the SSD removed the encryption software and I reformatted the SSD. I had purchased 2 identical Samsung T5s (Blue and RED). I formatted one with Apple’s “OS Extended Journaled” and one with “exFAT”. I also have another external Seagate 2TB drive, formatted exFAT.

Following my first connection of the Samsung T5 neither USB socket will mount any of the drives regardless of format. It appears that the initial connection of the encrypted SSD has somehow disrupted the USB bus. When I plug in any drive to either of the MyCloud USB sockets, the top blue light flashes rapidly then turns red. When I unplug the external drive, the top light rapidly turns to steady blue and all of the shares are accessible.

At no point did I reconfigure the USB option in “Dashboard” for the new SSD.

Please suggest a solution.

My Clouds Gen 1 or Gen 2 don’t support exFAT