USB Backup Fails - web_error.log shows rsync failure

Hi,

I’m scratching my head how to solve this issue. The USB Backup on one of the Shares insists on failing. When I ssh into the NAS, and go to the apache error log, I see many entries like this whenever I try and backup:

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 215 bytes to socket [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(1530) [sender=3.0.7]
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 215 bytes to socket [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(1530) [sender=3.0.7]
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 260 bytes to socket [sender]: Broken pipe (32)

What does all this mean? How can I find out which file is causing the problem.

Thanks,

Aitan

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

Have you tried doing this on adifferent share? Or is this the first time you try to do this ?

Yes, the backup runs successfully on another folder within the share.

Are you still having this problem? If so just out of interest what Backup Type are you selecting when you create the backup job? I just can’t get a backup of three shares totalling 334GB to work if I use a backup type of “Copy”. It just stalls part way through, sits there saying it is backing up, but there is no disk activity and my external USB drive (which I’m backing up to) goes to sleep.

If I create a new backup job using a backup type of “Synchronise” it seems to work fine and backs up all 334GB.