USB Auto-backup not working

Hello all,

I’m trying to get USB auto-backup working. I’ve had it working once but since then, it fails to do anything. I have my USB drive plugged into the front USB port and have set Public as the Destination Share. When I press the button on the front, the USB light flashes perhaps three times and then stays on. If I check my Public directory, it shows that a directory (usb_Western_Digital_External_HDD-201107171553) has been made, however no files are transferred. I’ve checked the system log file in the status section and it doesn’t show anything happening.

Does anyone have any idea of what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Welly

You can try reformatting the drive using the Network Administrator. Open a web browser an type the name of the drive (i.e. WDSharespace) then go into Advance Mode > Usb Shares. 

See if that helps, remember that all data will be erased so be sure to backup any data before doing that.

1 Like

It turns out that auto USB backup doesn’t like HFS+ formatted drives. I reformatted the drive to FAT32 and it works correctly.

Well that’s what the interface will do reformatted on FAT32, glad you figure it out.