USB 3.0 does not work

Hello, i have bought WD My Book Essential 1TB USB3.0, but after some months USB3.0 stopped working. If I plug something another in my USB3.0 on motherbouard Asus M4A77T/USB3 i works. And if i plug the external disc into USB2.0 it works too. I have reinstalled my W7x64 twice, but i didn´t help. Can you help me somehow? If you need more informetion, write me, what do you want to know :). 

Hello,

The best way to verify if the drive is having any problems is connecting the unit into another USB 3.0 computer, please do that and let us know the results.

I bought WD My book essential 1T with USB 3.0 today…I have simillar problem. If I connect it through USB 2.0 port to my HP Elite book (Win 7, 64bit), it seems that it works. But if I connect it through USB 3.0 port, computer do not know that any HDD is connected…

I do know what to do. I read on web, that problem cold be in incorrect USB cable. But cable was included…I am not able to imagine, that producer sent incorrect cable…:cry:

yes, I have te same problem as well… :frowning:

Windows 7 x64, under USB 2.0 it all work perfect, when I plug the device into a USB 3.0 port, after some minutes the device is disappeared from the machine… Total random…

Hi, my USB 3.0 is OK, I tried to connect my USB3.0 flash drive and everything was alright. The speed was normal for USB 3.0, so it must be something wrong with the external drive - maybe Firmware?! WD do something please!

Can somebody help me please?

Have you tried contacting wd about this?  obviously none of us know…

I have GIGABYTE 990AX-UD3 and having the same situation on USB 3.0.

When windows 7 x64 starts up MYBOOK 2TB 3.0 USB doesn’t get detected. When I unplug it and then plug it back then it’s recognized. I have already updated BIOS, USB 3.0 ports driver, MYBOOK firmware and nothing yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

guiboos

How can i contact them please?

I found this on their support page.  http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en.  this may actually be a bug, so I would definitely let them know.

guiboos wrote:

I have GIGABYTE 990AX-UD3 and having the same situation on USB 3.0.

When windows 7 x64 starts up MYBOOK 2TB 3.0 USB doesn’t get detected. When I unplug it and then plug it back then it’s recognized. I have already updated BIOS, USB 3.0 ports driver, MYBOOK firmware and nothing yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

guiboos

I would contact them also.  maybe if more people say something.