Urgh

So, with the Live “plus” out, I’m betting no more updates for the regular Live…so no DVD menu control unless we buy a new box??? Will the firmware forthe PLUS work with the regular? Probably not… urgh

The WD devs mentioned bringing DVD menu support to the Live and I think that wish still stands.  

Sure, the Live Plus got it first but unless there are significant hardware differences I don’t see any reason the regular Live can’t do DVD menus.

As for firmware updates, Bill already mentioned that the next firmware was already in development.  No ETA (no surprise there!) but they have not stopped supporting the Live.  Don’t give up hope yet.  ;)

Totally agree!!

I am well pissed off, I got this under two months ago for my birthday on the understanding that it supported DVD and support for the DVD menus were coming.

WD either release firmware that supports DVD menus or give me my money back so I can wait and get a WD TV Live Plus.

This is a good unit, I could care less for the online content as everything I need in on my LAN but the lack of DVD menus is a complete and utter screw up especially if they expect me to buy plus when there seems to be little difference between the two units.

If money is the issue here to support DVD menus I’d give you £10 additional for it, at leat give us the option.

I have been raving about this to plenty of people who are considering on buying one, if this doesn’t happen I’ll be pointing them and future prospect down a different route.

Also has anyone noticed on the US site that the TV Live and Live Plus are the same price???

Regards,

One very displeased customer.

Blanch wrote:

Totally agree!!

I am well pissed off, I got this under two months ago for my birthday on the understanding that it supported DVD and support for the DVD menus were coming.

WD either release firmware that supports DVD menus or give me my money back so I can wait and get a WD TV Live Plus.

This is a good unit, I could care less for the online content as everything I need in on my LAN but the lack of DVD menus is a complete and utter screw up especially if they expect me to buy plus when there seems to be little difference between the two units.

If money is the issue here to support DVD menus I’d give you £10 additional for it, at leat give us the option.

I have been raving about this to plenty of people who are considering on buying one, if this doesn’t happen I’ll be pointing them and future prospect down a different route.

Also has anyone noticed on the US site that the TV Live and Live Plus are the same price???

Regards,

One very displeased customer.

You can have them now if you download the prerelease of the firmware (ie may some bugs which are no considered features)   Prerelease