Urgent: Unable to clone and boot from SSD after cloning using Acronis

I am trying to clone my existing 1 TB laptop HDD (Inspiron 7460) to a new WD Blue M.2 2280 500 GB SSD using the Acronis True Image WD Edition software, which I downloaded from WD support website.

I need to make the new SSD bootable on Win10 after the cloning is done (instead of my older HDD).

I have followed the downloaded software user guide step by step for a “Manual” cloning process, as I need to resize the partitions on the new SSD (primary OS partition 120 GB and 2nd partition for data as balance remaining), while making the new SSD bootable.

The laptop restarts and the cloning process proceeds as per the user guide, but upon completion when the laptop again restarts, I only get a black screen for a long time with the spinning “wait” mouse pointer, and eventually I get a blue error screen saying “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.” But the system does not restart.

I therefore booted up using my older HDD by changing the BIOS settings and tried to repeat the cloning process one more time. But got the same result.

I need help to sort this out ASAP, please.

P.S.: I have noted that on the online FAQs/Support installation guide, there is one additional step “Restoration Method” mentioned after selection of Destination Disk. However, in my Acronis software cloning process, I do not get this step at all.

[quote=“sidsarawgi, post:1, topic:239796”]
am trying to clone my existing 1 TB laptop HDD (Inspiron 7460) to a new WD Blue M.2 2280 500 GB SSD using the Acronis True Image WD Edition software, which I downloaded from WD support website. [/quote]

I had exactly the same result with cloning an 1 TB HDD (Dell Optiplex 7040) to a 500 GB SSD WD Digital Black SN700. For some unkown reasons, cloning gave problems if I cloned the larger HDD to the smaller SSD.

I don’t know how and why, but in the end I did a new and complete installation of Windows 10.
The Computer, SSD and Windows are working fast together and without any problems.

This problem didn’t occur with another computer. … copying 500 GB HDD to a 500 GB SSD …
… coincidence or not?

You’ve likely already solved the problem, but I just wanted to add my experience. I used Acronis TrueImage 2019, but it failed miserably. I used the in windows 10 function. Upon completion, it gave the message that it cloned properly, but upon changing out the old for the new SN750 with Heatsink drive, the boot resulted in some 30 minutes and more of repairing windows and the infinite circle until I did a comparison of the data quantity of the newly cloned drive with the source. The newly cloned drive showed a great deal more quantity of data. I then used the Acronis Linux based boot USB I earlier made to again clone. This time it worked perfectly.

This problem didn’t occur with another computer. … copying 500 GB HDD to a 500 GB SSD …
… coincidence or not?

I faced the same issue and i tried others way to succeed and they are not showing the right path. You may visit this ebizzing.com guide. It might be helpful.

Hi !
I have the same issue. Acronis WD Edition (19.0.0.33) running under w7-32 bits SP1 fully updated, in a HP G42, i5-560M, 8GB RAM, with two disks: 1-WD3200BEVT-60A23T0 & 2-WDS240G2G0A-00JH30.
I’m trying to clone de HD to the SSD, but Acronis do not continue with the operation after the restart. It simply do not complete the task. No error messages are shown.
Any tip?
Is there a log anywhere to be shared?
Feel free to ask me for any further information.
Thank you.
BR.