Upnp MediaRenderer implementation woes

I’m trying to use a UPnP control point iPhone app (PlugPlayer) with my WD Live, plus some C application I wrote myself (which uses libupnp from pupnp.sf.net), and I’m getting strange behaviour. I’m using the latest release firmware.

For starters, and the most annoying, is the UPnP event subscription mechanism. It seems to just forget about my subscription. I’m getting notifications for a while (duration varies widely, from seconds to hours), and then the WD just forgets about me. I have to resubscribe to get notifications again, even though my timeout (1800 seconds) wasn’t reached by any measure.

Second, I receive notifications for TransportStatus val=“STOPPED” twice. I believe I should receive a notification only when a variable changes? From STOPPED to STOPPED there’s no change, so I shouldn’t get it twice, even though the messages contain different state variables.

I’d love to submit patches, but you know, this thing is closed source :slight_smile: All I can do is report and wait.

Uplink wrote:> I’d love to submit patches, but you know, this thing is closed source :slight_smile: All I can do is report and wait.

Check http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1003&sid=120&lang=en for source.  I’m assuming that the UPnP implementation is GPL’d, so it should be in there.  No promises, though :slight_smile: