UPnP and Port Forwarding - Driving me Crazy

Hello All,

Hopefully someone can help with what I thought was a simple thing to fix. UPnP is enabled on my router but the mybooklive must be using a different protocol or something as its not detected (DGND3300 Netgear) The UPnP has options of Advertisement Period and Advertisement time to Live, current set to default of 30 and 4 respectively. Having the normal automatic setting failing, I have tried manually to get a direct connection. Using all settings in the router eg. Port Forwarding, opening firewall ports, and port triggering I cannot get the NAS to direct connect with either custom ports or 80 and 443.

Anyone else with this issue and anyone with any solutions?

Thanks

If you are setting up the drive for the first time try resetting 

You can also connect to the computer and assign a fix IP and then try the router

That is not what i meant, Its the Relay or direct conenct for remote access. My drive doesnt say in direct connection for very long keeps reverting to relay connection. I assuming its to do with the UPnP settings, but i don’t know what the drive needs, e.g. advertisemen period etc.

I think this is one of the things the new and then pulled firmware was suppose to address.  morac is the user that identified the problem with the relay, connect, etc. matter.

1 Like

jsmiddleton4 wrote:

I think this is one of the things the new and then pulled firmware was suppose to address.  morac is the user that identified the problem with the relay, connect, etc. matter.

• *I see I guess I’ll have to wait until its re-released! I assume I cannot change the UPnP settings on the router to fix this.