Upgrading HDD

Have a 3tb mycloud and was looking to remove the drive and fit a 5tb Wd red drive in it instead.

I have a 2bay HDD caddy which can clone the original 3tb HDD onto the 5tb HDD. I assume this will work and I will just have to extend the ext4 partition so the mycloud sees the entire 5tb and not just 3tb or will this not work

Please bear in mind this is not supported by Western Digital and will void your device warranty.

Given that such an upgrade is essentially the same as unbricking a a 4TB device using a 2TB device image, I think this thread should tell you what you need to know:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/GUIDE-How-To-Unbrick-your-2TB-3TB-4TB-My-Cloud/td-p/765959

Please bear in mind this is not supported by Western Digital and will void your device warranty.

Is there a handy list anywhere of the activities that ARE ‘supported’ by WD…?  After all, they provide SSH root access (a good job, since Linux admin skills seem to be regularly required to keep the thing running), but I see regular dire warnings that using SSH root access will void the warranty…