Upgrade Windows 8 pro, cpu utilization stays high even when files are all backed up

Hi,

I took advantage of the $39 upgrade to Windows 8 pro.  When I look at the task manager.  All the Western Digital (Backup Engine, Smartware, Rules) processes together average 32% even though all the files are backed up.   I didn’t see this with Win7 and this drains the battery very fast as the computer won’t idle.

I also switched my user account from admin to standard user.

I don’t really want to stop the backup.

johngardner58 wrote:

Hi,

I took advantage of the $39 upgrade to Windows 8 pro.  When I look at the task manager.  All the Western Digital (Backup Engine, Smartware, Rules) processes together average 32% even though all the files are backed up.   I didn’t see this with Win7 and this drains the battery very fast as the computer won’t idle.

I also switched my user account from admin to standard user.

I don’t really want to stop the backup.

actually that isn’t just a windows 8 problem, its like that on vista, and windows 7. It’s been like that for as long as i can remember, you can stop the WDFME service to get the cpu load back to normal and start it when the pc is plugged in however stopping the service disables the backup so only do it when your away from home