Upgrade to SmartWare 1.6.4, user interface no longer comes up

I recently upgraded to SmartWare 1.6.4.  Everything was working fine with the release 1.5.1.6 that I was running.  Now when I try to run 1.6.4, it starts up and shows in task manager and shows as running in Quick View, but the user interface never appears.  Any suggestions?

Try uninstalling it completely from you system and install it again.

Also does your system meet all the requirements

NOTE: To update to this version of WD SmartWare, you need the following minimum requirements:

Windows XP 32-bit Service Pack 3, Windows XP 64-bit Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7
or Windows 8.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or higher installed on your computer.
If you don’t already have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed on your computer, you will be prompted to install it.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 download
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718
Follow the instructions as prompted.
Rerun the WD SmartWare software updater.
Internet Explorer 7 or higher.

Download the Windows WD SmartWare Software Updater to your hard drive.

Locate and launch the WD SmartWare Software Updater.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
After the update completes, restart your computer to finalize the update process and start the WD SmartWare software.
Open WD SmartWare, click the Backup tab and verify Start Backup is active. Make backup selections (choose either Category or File Backup) and Click Start Backup to resume automatic continuous backup.

Did a complete reinstall. Removed anything WD related on system, rebooted, reinstalled.  Running Windows 7 x64 and did installation exactly as instructed.

looking at windows logs, I see: Application: WDRulesEngine.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.