Upgrade my nas, now couple of issues

I upgraded my Dlink DNS-323(2x2tb) to a Qnap TS-419P (4x3TB raid5) and when I go into the movie genre on either my Live Hub or Live Plus instead of the movies displaying the correct cover it shows the folder.jpg (using mojo theme with folder covers) for all the movies in the folder. Seeing as how it’s doing it for both media streamers it seems to be something in Twonky setup that I missed. Anyone familiar with twonky??

Guess I should add that I copied everything from the Dlink to the Qnap so everything is still there and it still works fine on the Dlink. Also, when I go to a movie and press options to rescan info, nothing happens.

Thanks for any help.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I made a bit of headway. I updated the twonky server on my Qnap. Now the thumbnails show for the movies but the option button when I highlight a show still does nothing and the metadata isn’t being shown.  Geez… never thought updating my NAS would be such a pain

Bryneb wrote:

I updated the twonky server on my Qnap.  …the option button when I highlight a show still does nothing and the metadata isn’t being shown. 

Hold on a sec.  

If you’re using a DLNA server, then that is the NORMAL functionality.

There are no OPTIONS in the media server browser.   And DLNA doesn’t support metadata.

I’m guessing you were previously accessing your media via NETWORK SHARE instead of TWONKY if all of that was working before…