Upgrade My Cloud to Twonky 8

Wow, OK – I’d given up on this! Thanks for persevering.

I had a look at what you posted. Could you clarify a little? I’m a novice and don’t want to mess up.

Putting the Twonky download in Nas_Prog seems straightforward – that directory is currently empty, correct?

The files from your zipfile extract into a subdirectory called MyCloud_PlexNo/twonky.
cgi_bin replaces cgi_bin the twonky install placed in Nas_Prog, correct?
twonkyserver-default.ini replaces /usr/local/twonky/twonkyserver-default.ini, correct?
What about “twonky” and “twonky.ini”? I haven’t been able to find those in the original mycloud structure, should I move them up into Nas_Prog?

Thanks again,

Paul.

Oh, and – If I mess up and want to go back, I can just delete everything in Nas_Prog and put the old /usr/local/twonky/twonkyserver-default.ini back, I hope?

Hello @PAUL_SMITH
I think, my guide is written very usefull.
But I can explain to you once more.
You must install plex media server on your NAS using the AppStore function of the NAS.
You must download the twonky installation zip file from the twonky download page.
You must download one of my zipfiles. If you want to use Plex, then MyCloud_PlexYes.zip.txt, otherwise MyCloud_PlexNo.zip.txt. You must delete the txt extension to be able to unzip the file.
Copy the twonky installation zip into …/Nas_Prog/twonky and unzip it there.
Copy my zip file into …/Nas_Prog and unzip it there.
Check the executable file mode as written in my Guide.
thats all.

You have nothing to change in other directories of your NAS!
Everything you would change in the original firmware structure would be automatically overwritten in case of a restart of the NAS.

I hope, this help.