Upgrade firmware wdtvlive Version 1.06.43 - not working - stay still

Hi all,

I am new and I need your help

I try to upgrade my WDTV to the newly released firmware wdtvlive Version 1.06.43 by following the instruction to downloading it to USB and insert it to the WDTV. After inserting the USB it restarts the WDTV and start with updating, however it stay with the message “your HDTV Media player is being upgraded. PLease DO NOT disconnect power or the attached storage” and stay at “0 %” for very long time and seems never get any progress. 

I can’t wait and disconnect the power and try again - the message it the same: - Insert a USB with firmware to recover your WDTV - Upgrade not working

I try to format my USB to FAT32 as read in some threats and and copy the firmware wdtvlive Version 1.06.43 again but does not help

I try to re-set to factory default as intrcuted to manual - it also doesn’t work

Anyone can give me help? Thanks

In situations like this using a different USB stick usually helps.

Which version of the TV Live do you have?  A new one or a couple years old one?  If you have the new version, 1.06.xx is not the right firmware for it.

“Which version of the TV Live do you have?  A new one or a couple years old one?  If you have the new version, 1.06.xx is not the right firmware for it.”

Thanks for your reply. How to get to know it old or nre model? I bought it two years ago and some ready on the side as photo attached. Can you please help to check.

photo.JPG

Thanks! I changed to other USB but does not work either. Will keep changing.

Techflaws wrote:

In situations like this using a different USB stick usually helps.

Sorry, last time the photo was not posted. This is the version of the TV live

lLease help 

photo 2.jpg

nguyenvancan wrote:

“Which version of the TV Live do you have?  A new one or a couple years old one?  If you have the new version, 1.06.xx is not the right firmware for it.”

Thanks for your reply. How to get to know it old or nre model? I bought it two years ago and some ready on the side as photo attached. Can you please help to check.

photo.JPG

We still can’t see the pictures.  Just look at the label on the device and tell us the model number.

You have an original WD Live so the firmware is correct for your player.

Have you got all the files from the zip on the root of your USB drive with no other files on it?

Remove all other connections to the player except the power, TV connection and USB drive with all the unzipped firmware files on.

Try both USB ports.

Try another USB drive / flash drive with the firmware files on. Some drives don’t work properly on the player.

Also, make sure you have the _V versions, not the _B version (which is for the Live Plus.)