Updating taking forever

Unable to access my cloud home duo for a couple of weeks keeps saying it’s upgrading I have all my business and personal information in there why is this taking so long

2 Likes

Gentleman, very sad to hear that your equipment also failed similar to mine. For me, It happened two weeks before. Many follow-ups were made with the WD service team. Finally, they announced that my Hard disk (both) failed. I believe the software made our hard disk fail. Anyways get ready for data recovery. Then, go for a better-branded cloud system.

Hi Raj,
I am also in same situation, have you received any steps to recover the data?

1 Like

No sir. WD is not helping. They diverted me to third parties.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new here so hi to all,
It seems a general issue with the “upgrade”…or at least it’s what I think… either that or the so-called upgrade is a total mess up…
And why isn’t Western Digital, looking into this?
What is happening, i want my data back…
its not expected for a so-called home cloud solution, to fail like this…
I need help… at least to downgrade to a previous version, that works…
When i bought this i thought this would be relieable…
Or at least to endure more than the HDD from my computer.

Please somenone help. No third parties bull… fix what u broke… its simple, rollback , or at least help the users to rollback.

1 Like

This happened to me too :cry: Was updating for over a week, and still nothing. Tried connecting the drives to my computer using a hub, and looks like they’re fried. Thanks a lot WD, all my data is gone.

Any solution for this?

1 Like

Hi everybody
i have exactly the same problem. Updating for more than 1 week! This is a mess!!! Thank you WD!!!

i buyed the Recovery Explorer Professional Software and i was able to copy all my data to another Harddisk. Now i have a Synology NAS. Ha, this is other stuff, guys!
Bye Bye Western Digital

1 Like

Has anyone with this issue successfully completed the upgrade process? And if so how long did it finally take?

1 Like

Noticed My Cloud Duo was rather active more recently and was generally running slower with Network Connectivity using both Local and and KDDFS mapped Drive I put this down to home network traffic (week long home working with 2 additional devices running on 2 different VPNS) when trying to watch a video using plex had to drop video rate down to 320p and even then audio/video was out of sync normally i would reboot via mobile app but Mobile App was stuck at Rebooting from 6 days ago to which I was at the point of Turn it off and on again - Rebooted twice including full home Intranet/internet and was stuck in a blinking loop

Left for about 20 mins and no progress tried Ping to device and was receiving a ping but local NTFS drive was Disconnects and My KDDFS drive was offline checked support pages not that they were very helpful and was able to download the Logs via browser confirm Device was online for the logs to be downloaded

Logged into My Pleax media centre and no media files were visable but Plex was showing CPU/Memory and usage but Mobile/Web and Desktop all still saying device offline

After about an hour Plex and Local NTFS drive restored and able to watch via Plex again but still out of sync and wont support anything over 320P - done a network perfmance test and Internet/Intranet results was current supported speed at the time was 720p but now wont sync at 720P

WD really need to look into a way for to access the drive locally (KDDFS partition) when loss of Network or drive wont go online but for me took about an hour 3 reboots a complete home network reboot alternative ETH and directly connect to ISP Router and no idea that there was an update being deployed to the device Hopefully I have not lost any Data

1 Like

Anyone figure this out yet ?

i have a raid setup 2x 12 TB, meaning only 6 TB of usable storage.

Now i have a paper brick from WD… a really expensive one… so… don’t know what to do with it. I need to recover this data, family fotos, movies… documents etc…

And this is just… a piece of …
I will go unraid with the nas solution, since this company product actually ■■■■… i just give my review of this… mess of a device over to my friends and family, and just review it has a piece of garbage with no support…

1 Like

Data recovery from WD My Cloud Home NAS anyone tryed this ?

Hi all,

This happened to me too. I’ve been trying to reboot, shut down, take the electricity out…nothing helps.
I’ve got a 12TB raid, and customer service hasn’t been of any help. They said both disks have damaged parts and they diverted me to third party data recovery.

I’ll try and take the HDs out and connect them with a sata-usb cable to my Mac and downloading this to read them: Write/read access to Linux files under macOS High Sierra - extFS by Paragon Software for Mac

Does anyone know if the data is still there or lost? Should be a OS problem, not data.
Don’t know…

Estou com o mesmo problema! já e a segunda vez que ocorre, como aprendi anteriormente fiz backup do backup! não da pra confiar neste equipamento!

Glad I’m not the only one. I have a 6TB MyCloud Duo. I was prompted to do the new update last week. Before installation the email notification said it could take several hours to several days. After a week I finally decided to quit the install. After doing so all my data was still there and at first it appeared to have completed the update. However a few days ago I was prompted again to do the update. So I started again. However, due to rolling blackouts in California I decided to Quit the update again and do it in the future. I think I’ll wait a few months for WD to get their ■■■■ together and provide a clean update.

I would recommend you to take out all your data just in case

Same story here… Just bought a 12TB duo version, initial update began and well, after about 8 hours still this calm, slow blinking of the LED.
Tried reset to factory settings, no difference whatsoever.

Welcome to the club! My solution is here:

hello, i have the same issue.

Could i ask you a really simple question (i am new to the software you are using)?

debian is an OS while OMV is a personal cloud, but i dind’t understood how you saved data. After the new OS installation OMV is able to read the data ALREADY in the nas? I must find a way to extrac that datas…

TY