Updated Users Manual Requested

Where are the “How to instructions”  for my new Passport essencials? I have read the instruction manual and reviewed the boards observing  people asking the seeking the same  information.  This is a storage device and the following information would be necessary for many people.

1. If you have two PC  computers with different operating systems(Vista and XP) do you download the software from the Passport to both? If the answer is yes, please include in instructions.

2. How do you identify your files when they are listed under a long series on numbers?

3. How can you tell which files are from which computer?  Do you pull apart the numerical files, review each one and recreate new folders with new identification?

4. Do I use the virtuial CD as storage device and transfer to the numerical files? Drag?, how would you suggest?

5. How do I use the Passport  if the host computer does not have smartware, must I install it to copy a file?

I like the automatic backup storage software, but this was not the reason to purchase the Passport.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Since there’s been no replies, maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en